Cali tells the boys how it is today as she joins Luke, Denny, and Steve for a discussion on Pull Ups, CrossFit Competitions, and what it takes to be #BalboaJacked! It's time for Power Athlete Radio!
- 0:00 Intro and opening
- 1:10 #BalboaJacked and The Summer Shakedown
- 20:58 What is #BalboaJacked and who coined the phrase?
- 24:06 A little chatter on Change of Direction
- 28:12 Brian Asks: What is the utility of pull ups for football players?
- 37:20 Closing
Brian Stites asks:
I am coaching several football prospects. What's the utility of pull ups for a football player? With regard to that, is there a significant benefit to different grip widths, orientations, and implementation of butterfly/kipping/C2B? I tend to teach a real gymnastics style and narrow-ish grip for WODs, all kinds of grip in training to increase variance, but I'd love some additional insight. Thanks!
Check out 48 minutes in to Episode 9 for more on ballistic pull ups
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- VIDEO: A Day with the Bamboo Bar - July 28, 2015
- VIDEO: Cali & Warming up – It’s not just getting sweaty - July 16, 2015
- No Time? But Do You Have Time to GFY? - June 24, 2015