Antony the "Physio Detective" Lo joins us for this weeks episode of PA Radio. The group discusses new ways to assess movement, limiting factors, and how Ant came up in the physio world. His unique upbringing led him down a very important path in asking all the right questions, challenging the system and traditional study of the body. Hear some of Antony Lo's criticisms and praises about the sport of fitness.
Also, ANNOUNCING THE POWER ATHLETE RADIO DEDICATION! Have a listen to hear how you can dedicate Episode 87, premiering on Christmas Day, to a very special someone via silent auction! Cali explains...
- 0:45 The most aggressive "Put another shrimp on the barbie" you've ever heard.
- 3:00 What's going on in Australia and why is beer more expensive than a box of wine?
- 4:30 Antony Lo tells all. Most athletes are jammed up because of 'overcooked' positions.
- 7:40 Close your eyes, imagine three guys, touching eachother's...ribs. #Beefquake
- 9:00 Ant's athlete assessment is top notch.
- 12:00 The Physio Detective is tasked with finding "holes in your game".
- 15:00 Empowering athletes to work on their weaknesses.
- 19:00 Ant helps provide the mind-muscle connection.
- 22:00 Who is the least jammed up of the Power Athlete Staff?
- 27:45 Tex discusses his most recent article on planes and axis of motion.
- 30:00 Planes of motion that are the most frequently ignored in training.
- 40:15 Everyone makes mistakes- even the Physio Detective. Not everyone admits it.
- 45:16 Challenging beliefs and finding mentors. Keys to success.
- 47:00 Cali discusses her article on unconventional ways to change up their training.
- 50:00 Steve used to post the humidity to the CFFB boards. Everyone gives him shit.
- 54:00 A laundry list of injuries? Ant will tell you exactly why.
- 55:00 Pressure points? Legit?
- 58:30 Useless information COMMENCE!
Please consider supporting the effort that goes into producing Power Athlete Radio by contributing below. Your donation will also be considered for the Power Athlete Radio silent auction in which the winner can dedicate Episode 87 to the person of their choice! If you win, you'll be contacted on December 17th to get the full dedication recipient details.
We hope to continue to improve PA Radio through your contributions! Thank you!
**Ladies and gentlemen- thank you for your patience while we navigate the problems with Stitcher and iTunes. As it turns out, it IS an iTunes issue that many podcasts are having and we have been informed by Apple that it will not be resoloved until January 2015. I realize this is frustrating for our users and we sincerely apologize. However, we are at the mercy of our hosts. Please enjoy PA Radio straight from the source...here!