Steve, Denny and Luke celebrate their skype friendship as they roll out Episode 25 of Power Athlete Radio. Sit back and enjoy as the guys talk Wade's Army, Soviet vs Bulgarian methods, plyos and vertical jumps. It's mid day Friday, it's time to get your PA Radio on and enjoy the weekend!
- 0:00 Intro and opening
- 6:07 NorCal Team Series Recap
- 12:27 Wade's Army
- 17:48 Soviet vs Bulgarian Training system
- 41:09 Blake asks: How can I increase my vert?
- 52:20 Closing
Blake Keefe asks:
What lifts directly help increase your vertical jump? or What accessory work can be done to help increase my vertical jump?
Current Vertical = 24"
Goal Vertical= 30"+
Beginner's Plyo Template
- 2 x 10 Pogo Jumps
- 3 x 5 Prison style squat jumps - single response, from pause at bottom of quarter squat
- 3 x 5 Rocket Jump - single response, from pause at bottom of quarter squat
- 3 x 10 High Skip (5R / 5L) - HEIGHT - take your time going for HEIGHT!!!
- 3 x 10 Low Skip (5R / 5L) - ARM DRIVE AND SPEED
- 2 x 6 lunge jump - from a planted lunge position (knee on ground), jump straight up, switch foot orientation, catch in split jerk position (3R / 3L)
- 2 x 6 scissor jump - from a planted lunge position (knee on ground), jump straight up, bring feet together under hips, return to starting orientation catching in split jerk position (3R / 3L)
- 3 x 4 tuck jumps - multiple response, in place
Test vertical now. Complete 1 round after warm up, and before strength 2 days for 4 weeks. Retest. Let me know how it goes. It should go without saying that you are trying to jump as high as you can every rep. If you don't know what something is, Google it!
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- PA Radio – Episode 237: Brett Bartholomew - December 14, 2017
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Toretto Takes Down Hobbs - July 27, 2016
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Round 3 Results - July 21, 2016