FULL HOUSE! You have Cali, Luke, Tex, Ben, and Denny for today's show. It's recruiting season for Wade's Army, we have a question on skinning CFFB programming for amateur soccer players, and dialogue between coaches on training "general pop" versus training athletes that play field sports. Enjoy the show! It may be the last one for a couple of weeks!
- 0:00 Intro and opening
- 7:07 Team Series and Wade's Army Update
- 9:41 General Pop vs. Athletes
- 24:39 George asks - I have 2 soccer games a week, how do I mod CFFB?
- 29:49 Cali, how was the strong man comp?
- 35:01 Closing
Join Wade's Army Today!
Start a team or donate as an individual!
Steps to creating a Team Campaign Fundraiser:
1. Go to Wade's Army Fundraising Page: here
2. Click Become Fundraiser and create your own personal Fundraising Page.
3. Click Create a Team or Join a Team.
4. Upload a photo and choose a team name to represent your crew.
Once your Team Campaign Page is created, others will be able to join your team or make contributions following the same steps above.
George Carradine asks:
I’ve been following CrossFit Football for 6 months and have made excellent progress in terms of strength and conditioning. I am an amateur soccer player based in the UK and am training to excel at my sport and also be bigger, stronger, faster in life in general.
My question concerns how to best utilise the CSFB programme when playing matches twice per week as typically I play every Saturday and Monday. My Saturday match is not the issue but I am concerned that by doing the SWOD & DWOD on Monday morning, playing my match Monday evening, then SWOD & DWOD on Tuesday afternoon the volume will become too significant to allow for sufficient recovery and adaption. Would you advise taking Tuesday rather than Wednesday as a rest day and doing Tuesday's work on Wednesday? Or should it be a case of scheduling extra food and sleep to cope with the stresses of playing Monday's match and following the programme as planned? I'm sure there are plenty of athletes who have more than one game day per week so I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how best to cope with this. Thanks for the great website and podcast. These really are superb resources extremely well delivered.
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- PA Radio – Episode 237: Brett Bartholomew - December 14, 2017
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Toretto Takes Down Hobbs - July 27, 2016
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Round 3 Results - July 21, 2016