The team goes a littler longer than average for this iteration of Power Athlete Radio. You are going to hear a bit more about the build out of the Power Athlete premium content and membership site, and the team gives their insight on training adjustments for athletes who qualify for regionals, the ideal training stimulus for fat loss, dealing with pesky coaches and parents, and how to survive a blizzard in Georgia!
DID YOU KNOW… that Power Athlete now streams their podcasts live via Google+? Head over to Power Athlete’s Google+ Page and +1 it, and then keep your eyes peeled for their Live Hangout next week! Don’t miss out on live Q&A, and the live experience!
Also, don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
- 0:00 Intro & Opening
- 5:52 Any updates from PAHQ?
- 12:11 Denny hosted his Juggernaut 2.0 competition
- 20:31 Dealing with "Know it All" Coaches and Parents
- 37:54 Cali talks about her Grip Strength series
- 55:24 Regionals Training Tips from PAHQ
- 1:08:39 Taylor Asks, Steady State vs. High Intensity for Fat Loss
- 1:22:26 Power Athlete App?
- 1:25:30 Closing
Denny shopping at Walmart
Jared Mielke asks:
Love the show! I was wondering if there's a chance of doing a post or discussion on the best way to deal with high school sport coaches, and parents. For example, the know it all dad who was a bodybuilder in the 80's, or the high school coach who played a sport at ____________ college 20 years ago. Typically they know more than you do, at least that's what they tell you. They definitely may be knowledgeable, but how do you reiterate to them that what we are teaching is appropriate for their athletes and children? Maybe the question is this; What is the best/easiest/most effective way to show them? Thanks for all that the PAHQ team does, this is truly an amazing resource.
Taylor Smith asks:
I'm training the person, amateur strength and high intensity conditioning the person needs to lose roughly 100lbs. I got called out by another trainer the other day about training a client for fat loss, he studies kinesiology and was taught to train fat loss at a certain percentage of intensity (which is relatively low intensity for longer time period) I disagree.
Which do you think is the best?
Ingo B asks:
Will there be remote coaching under the paid section of PA.com? I suspect that will be a HUGE success.
Badges for Life
The first competition of it's kind on the beaches of Surf City!
This epic event has been organized to benefit two amazing charities. All proceeds will fund the following:
- C.O.P.S. (Concerns of Police Survivors) - Providing assistance to rebuild the lives of families who have lost loved ones in the line of duty.
- Wade's Army - Funding research and aiding children who are fighting a devastating form of pediatric cancer called Neuroblastoma.
Visit the Badges for Life registration page to register, donate, and find out more info!
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- PA Radio – Episode 237: Brett Bartholomew - December 14, 2017
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Toretto Takes Down Hobbs - July 27, 2016
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Round 3 Results - July 21, 2016