We find ourselves at the first Sunday in the second cycle. Enjoy your day off, and enjoy this recipe I have been playing with lately.
Give me some feedback and input on this twist on classic spaghetti and meatballs.
In case you were wondering, I call meatballs meat candies when they contain bacon.
Spaghetti and Meat Candies
1 Whole Egg
1.5 lb Ground Beef
8-10 Slices of Bacon, chopped up finely
1/4 cup Giardiniera Relish
3/4 cup White Onion, chopped finely
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Oregano, dry
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Whole Spaghetti Squash, cooked
2 cans Diced Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine ground meat, bacon, onion, egg, Giardiniera relish, salt and pepper.
3. Form ground meat to into balls, and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.
5. Place spaghetti squash on cookie sheet, and place in oven with meatballs.
6. Bake meatballs at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow spaghetti squash to bake for 50 minutes.
7. In a pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat.
8. Once onion and garlic are reduced add two cans of diced tomatoes.
9. Add salt, pepper and oregano to sauce and stir it up.
10. Bring it all to a boil, then turn down to simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes covered. If sauce starts to boil when covered, remove lid.
11. Remove spaghetti squash from oven and shred it up with a fork, so it resembles spaghetti.
12. Drain off all excess liquid from spaghetti squash, then combine it with tomato sauce and meat candies.
Basically, mixing it all up. And this serves one!