Ready, Set, GO! Welcome to another episode of Power Athlete Radio. This week we talk speed, speed, and SPEED. The coaches come together and clear the air on what speed is and how to implement it in to your training. They also update us on what’s happening at HQ and some of the training they are toying with, the review of Cali’s article on Prilepins Chart, and what it means to BE strong vs. FEEL strong.
- 0:00 Opening And Intro
- 1:25 What’s Goin On At HQ
- 3:53 Training For Speed
- 7:25 Hatfields Power Curve
- 8:07 Playing With Eccentric Speed
- 9:35 Exposing Himself
- 13:42 Should Everyone Train With Speed?
- 17:42 Jekyll And Hyde Fibers
- 20:54 Effects Based On Training Background
- 23:30 Over Excitement
- 25:49 Flag Football
- 27:50 For The First Time
- 36:12 Prilepin’s Chart Article
- 42:20 Competition 1RM Vs. Training 1RM
- 46:56 New Lifter Vs. Veteran Lifter
- 50:09 Speed Up!
- 59:52 Being Strong Vs. Feeling Strong
- 1:03:57 What’s Intensity?
- 1:08:38 Limited Exposure To Fitness
- 1:10:15 Training For Everything
- 1:14:07 Hercules And Movie Review
- 1:24:35 Team Series And Closing
Dr. Fred Hatfield’s Power Curve Chart:
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.