Ready, Set, GO! Welcome to another episode of Power Athlete Radio. This week we talk speed, speed, and SPEED. The coaches come together and clear the air on what speed is and how to implement it in to your training. They also update us on what’s happening at HQ and some of the training they are toying with, the review of Cali’s article on Prilepins Chart, and what it means to BE strong vs. FEEL strong.
- 0:00 Opening And Intro
- 1:25 What’s Goin On At HQ
- 3:53 Training For Speed
- 7:25 Hatfields Power Curve
- 8:07 Playing With Eccentric Speed
- 9:35 Exposing Himself
- 13:42 Should Everyone Train With Speed?
- 17:42 Jekyll And Hyde Fibers
- 20:54 Effects Based On Training Background
- 23:30 Over Excitement
- 25:49 Flag Football
- 27:50 For The First Time
- 36:12 Prilepin’s Chart Article
- 42:20 Competition 1RM Vs. Training 1RM
- 46:56 New Lifter Vs. Veteran Lifter
- 50:09 Speed Up!
- 59:52 Being Strong Vs. Feeling Strong
- 1:03:57 What’s Intensity?
- 1:08:38 Limited Exposure To Fitness
- 1:10:15 Training For Everything
- 1:14:07 Hercules And Movie Review
- 1:24:35 Team Series And Closing
Dr. Fred Hatfield’s Power Curve Chart:
John Welbourn is CEO of Power Athlete and Fuse Move. He is also creator of the online training phenomena, Johnnie WOD. He is a 9 year veteran of the NFL. John was drafted with the 97th pick in 1999 NFL Draft and went on to be a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2003, appearing in 3 NFC Championship games, and for starter for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2004-2007. In 2008, he played with the New England Patriots until an injury ended his season early with him retiring in 2009. Over the course of his career, John has started over 100 games and has 10 play-off appearances. He was a four year lettermen while playing football at the University of California at Berkeley. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in Rhetoric in 1998. John has worked with the MLB, NFL, NHL, Olympic athletes and Military. He travels the world lecturing on performance and nutrition for Power Athlete. You can catch up with John as his personal blog on training, food and life, Talk To Me Johnnie and at Power Athlete.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.