Welcome to another week of the always entertaining Power Athlete Radio. Today, our 54th Podcast is spent with none other than the sharp shooter himself Jeff Gonzalez. Throw your ear buds in and turn it up as we talk about the parallel that fitness has with firing weapons, establishing a base to progress and prevent injury, and of course John's detailed dry firing sessions.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:53 John And Jeff
- 3:33 Trident Concepts
- 4:56 Jeff's Program
- 11:05 Know When To Hold Em, Know When To Fold Em
- 13:08 Progressions & Paralleled Mechanics
- 17:32 Fitness & Shooting
- 20:11 Attention To Detail
- 24:14 Russ: CFFB Vs. Traditional Weight Training
- 28:31 Old Habits Die Hard
- 32:30 Shots On Shots On Shots On Shots
- 35:18 Are You Giving The Effort?
- 38:33 Establish A Base
- 43:23 Alternative to Tactical Training
- 47:10 Peter: Breaking Up Strength And Endurance
- 54:10 Tex: How Do You Approach The Untouchables
- 58:40 Kyle: Optimal Programming If We Can't Follow Strict
- 1:03:28 All You Can Do Is All You Can Do
- 1:07:07 2 Squats 1 Pull
- 1:08:24 It's Cool To Drink And Party, Right?
- 1:09:50 Plugs And Closing
Questions from the listeners:
"How would you break up strength training and endurance training, if you only have an Hr a day to train? Would you do both at the same time or cycle strength training then move onto endurance training?"
"I do CFFB with my squad a few days a week (usually tues/thur or m/w/f) depending on the week. is it still useful to follow the program split up on the weeks...especially our tues/thur week in the gym...whats an optimal programming if we cant follow strict. im a reformed Power lifter and follow daily..just looking to get the most bang for the buck with my squad."
Do I Need To Be In Shape?
Jager Bombs And Pound Town