Happy 4th of July weekend Power Athletes! This week we have special guest Mark Watts of Elite FTS. Mark and the PA Crew give us some great advice on how to break in to the profession of Strength and Conditioning. They share the highs and lows and talk about some of the differences from when they broke in vs. today.
- 0:00 Intro And Opening
- 2:05 Mark Watts Of Elite FTS
- 8:10 Eye Opening Experience: Go Intern
- 12:20 Numbers At Any Cost
- 14:04 How Do We Measure Strength & Conditioning?
- 19:04 The Excitement Of Big Numbers
- 21:08 No One’s Safe
- 24:25 Coaches Don’t Know What They Don’t Know
- 25:45 Getting In To High School’s To Educate
- 32:28 Fighting An Uphill Battle: Simple Hard Work Is Hard To Sell
- 38:01 If Someone’s Gonna Mess Up, It’s Gonna Be Me
- 39:07 A Different Generation
- 42:47 More Than Just Working Out
- 45:46 Entitlement
- 50:10 Back In The Day
- 55:30 No Time To Be Strong
- 56:10 John Meadows And His Intern
- 1:00:33 Just Let Them Have Fun
- 1:04:25 Time To Train VS. Showcasing
- 1:07:26 If You Don’t Intern Is It Really Something You Want?
- 1:15:08 Taylor: No Internships In Canada, What Do I Do?
- 1:20:45 Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- 1:22:49 Closing
Mark Watts giving some pointers to one of his athletes.
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.