Welcome to another stellar episode of Power Athlete Radio. This week the coaches get together to tackle myths of traditional strength and conditioning programs, as well as give incite to why the Field Strong Program is written the way it is. Spoiler alert, John also shares his secret of how he attained his strong and quick hands that helped him during his NFL career.
- 0:00 Intro And Opening
- 0:42 Status Of Strength And Conditioning Coaches
- 3:44 Expanding Classical Periodization
- 6:29 Field Strong Testing
- 13:27 Creation Of The 4’s
- 17:30 Some Feedback On The Program
- 20:05 It Takes Time
- 24:21 Movement Pleasing To The Eye
- 27:00 Program Priority And Starting With The Basics
- 20:44 Look Artistic, Not Grindy
- 32:28 Too Much Sagittal Plane
- 34:47 Speed Isn’t Quickness
- 37:30 Bloody Knuckles And Hot Hands
- 42:06 Training Quickness
- 43:25 Cali’s Movement Demo Discussion
- 46:13 Earn Your Carbs
- 46:58 Just Sit Back
- 49:47 Murray: More Testing Weeks?
- 51:57 Updates On The Team Series
- 56:02 Whats Coming Up And Tom Foolery
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.