Power Athlete Nation, it’s been a wild past two weeks! PA Radio Episode 66 recaps all the craziness that has gone on including the Crossfit Games, results from the Field Strong testing, and answering some of the questions posted in our forums. We also get an inside look at the thought going in to the next FS cycle. Throw the ear buds in and get ready for some knowledge bombs!
- 0:00 Opening And Intro
- 1:24 The Grid
- 4:15 Cryo Box
- 6:30 Exhibition Match Recap
- 10:20 The Specialists
- 12:45 Mental Errors
- 15:00 Coach Involvement And Athlete Response
- 21:20 There’s No I In Team
- 25:50 Cert’s, Shirt’s, And Vert’s
- 27:17 Baseline For FS And Vert Results At The Games
- 36:15 Meet And Greet At The Games
- 37:21 Portillo’s
- 39:51 Surprises At The Games
- 40:53 John Pulled A Hammy
- 44:47 Athletes That Pulled Out
- 47:41 Dave Smith: Opinion Of Active Rest
- 53:30 Next FS Cycle
- 58:28 Are You Engaged?
- 1:02:38 Apache CF: Pre Practice/Game Warm Up
- 1:08:38 Antics
- 1:10:04 Denny At HQ
- 1:11:33 Plugs And Shenanigans
- 0:00 Timeline Element….
An example of what not to do for warm ups as explained by Tex while answering Apache CF’s question of how to get athletes bodies ready for practice and game.
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.