This piggy went to market, this piggy went to town, this pinky crushed them and used them for bacon. Power Athlete Nation we have a special guest for Episode 75, it’s none other than the former two hand pinch champion Jedd Johnson. The crew talks limiting factors, the correlation between grip strength and recovery, and how to prepare for competition. Neatly put your fingerless hipster hand warmers in the trash and lets get our hands dirty!
- 0:00 Opening And Intro
- 3:23 Jedd Johnson
- 4:48 Types Of Grip Training
- 8:55 Can You Improve Strength When You’re Old?
- 11:54 Correlation Between Grip And Recovery
- 15:00 Carny
- 16:47 Records, Skin Tears, And Drugs
- 22:01 Grip Federation, Weight Class, And Crossover Sports
- 27:29 Do You Loose Your Gains?
- 30:40 Legtember And Yoketober
- 33:50 “The Fit”
- 37:17 Grip Training For Athletes
- 40:35 Grip Strength For Crossfiters
- 44:50 No One Works The Extensors
- 45:56 Is Your Grip Weak Or Do You Suck?
- 49:15 Genes?
- 53:35 Grip Comp Warm Ups
- 55:39 Training For Competition
- 1:00:17 Westside
- 1:02:03 CNS Recovery
- 1:03:50 Playlist
- 1:08:50 Shia LaBeouf And Sly Stalone
- 1:10:25 Wade’s Army Update And Plugs
More about Jedd Johnson
Can you guess which guy has one of the strongest grips in the world? Check out his Website for some great tips on how to improve the end of the kinetic chain. For more feats of strength and learning the ins and outs of the sport of Grip, head over to the The Authority. You can also find Jedd on Facebook lifting some heavy S*#@.
Tunes That Make You Want To White Knuckle
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.