1 Tbsp Olive oil
½ Purple cabbage shredded
20 oz Ground bison
2 Tbsp Coconut aminos
2 Tbsp Vietnamese garlic chili sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional) 1-2 Sweet Peppers
(optional) 1 Handful of rainbow baby carrots
(optional) Rice to meet carb requirements
- Decide if you will be serving with rice and add the appropriate amount of rice and water/stock (1:2) to the cooker
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. While that’s warming up prep the veggies.
- Cut all of the veggies into stir fry appropriate pieces. For cabbage, this means quartered, then de-cored, and sliced into ¼” ribbons
- Add the veggies and chili sauce to the skillet, turn to high heat, and begin to stir
- Once the veggies are nice and hot and the cabbage has lost some moisture add in the bison and pepper. Keep stirring
- When the bison is about half cooked add in the aminos and any more chili sauce you like. Keep stirring.
- Once everything is cooked how you like it salt to taste and stop stirring. Plate it up and remember to clean and season the skillet while it's still hot.
- Serve over a bed of optional rice (#earnyourcarbs) and with a mandatory lime to squeeze on top.
2 Cups of Rice adds 400 cal and 95 carbs to make it iso-caloric
I am the COO of Power Athlete, co-host of Power Athlete Radio, and a Power Athlete Coach. I've been coaching athletes, training clients, and educating 1,000s of coaches around the globe since 2007. I'm a lifelong multisport athlete, but my focus was football up through college where a neck injury forced me to hang it up.
Now I'm a stickler for productivity, and have a burning desire to empower athletes, coaches, and every day people who are striving to be better versions of themselves.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.