1 Tbsp Olive oil
½ Purple cabbage shredded
20 oz Ground bison
2 Tbsp Coconut aminos
2 Tbsp Vietnamese garlic chili sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional) 1-2 Sweet Peppers
(optional) 1 Handful of rainbow baby carrots
(optional) Rice to meet carb requirements
- Decide if you will be serving with rice and add the appropriate amount of rice and water/stock (1:2) to the cooker
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. While that’s warming up prep the veggies.
- Cut all of the veggies into stir fry appropriate pieces. For cabbage, this means quartered, then de-cored, and sliced into ¼” ribbons
- Add the veggies and chili sauce to the skillet, turn to high heat, and begin to stir
- Once the veggies are nice and hot and the cabbage has lost some moisture add in the bison and pepper. Keep stirring
- When the bison is about half cooked add in the aminos and any more chili sauce you like. Keep stirring.
- Once everything is cooked how you like it salt to taste and stop stirring. Plate it up and remember to clean and season the skillet while it’s still hot.
- Serve over a bed of optional rice (#earnyourcarbs) and with a mandatory lime to squeeze on top.
2 Cups of Rice adds 400 cal and 95 carbs to make it iso-caloric
I am the COO of Power Athlete, co-host of Power Athlete Radio, and a Power Athlete Coach. I've been coaching athletes, training clients, and educating 1,000s of coaches around the globe since 2007. I'm a lifelong multisport athlete, but my focus was football up through college where a neck injury forced me to hang it up.
Now I'm a stickler for productivity, and have a burning desire to empower athletes, coaches, and every day people who are striving to be better versions of themselves.
Leave a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.
Pretty darn good sir.
[…] Rebellion's Robb WolfPODCAST: Power Athlete Radio Episode 286 – Stan EfferdingRECIPE: Fast Weeknight Bison Stir Fry by Luke SummersBLOG: Mindfulness In the Kitchen by Ben SkutnikBLOG: Power […]
[…] Gut Health, & Your FecesPODCAST: PA Radio EP 334 – Coffee Talk with Paul CarterRECIPE: Fast Weeknight Bison Stir Fry by Luke SummersBLOG: Intentional Eating – The Key to Mastering Nutrition by Ben SkutnikBLOG: […]