Have you ever wondered why Mat Lalonde will not return your emails? As one of Harvard University’s leading chemists and researcher in his own right, we had to practically beg him to be a guest on Power Athlete Radio. We are thankful he conceded in the end. In Episode 79, we talk about paleo fallacies, nutrient density, and how to be a discerning in your own education. Cozy up to your headphones and let Uncle Mat tell you how it really is.
BONUS! Discount codes for cool swag and paleo treats in the show breaks!
- 6:03 “Lalonde is like the most jacked nerd ever…”
- 8:10 Experimenting with intermittent fasting meal times.
- 11:00 Mat as a vegan and vegetarian until he decided to get serious about strength.
- 12:30 “Chemists thrive in grey area.”
- 15:50 Paleo – The good, the bad and the downright untrue.
- 20:00 Revisiting the “curb stomping” at the Ancestral Health Symposium.
- 21:45 Bogus arguments that “justify” practicing paleo.
- 23:18 Genetic expression in humans make us different than cavemen.
- 29:00 Mat gives up brushing his teeth for 1 year.
- 32:25 How ice cream brought Mat out of an OPT wod coma.
- 37:25 Misinterpreting data and why it’s dangerous.
- 40:00 Props for paleo.
- 40:15 TC Williams and M Lalonde – what they have in common.
- 42:00 Are satiety and nutrient density related?
- 45:00 Lalonde’s study on nutrient density with 7,900 foods.
- 52:00 Food for performance.
- 53:00 John tells a 17yo kid that his grandmother is going to kill him.
- 1:03:10 Avoid traps of fads and sweeping generalizations.
- 1:06:00 Pop CULTURE TRIVIA!
- 1:10:20 “Are you still mad at the peanut?”
To redeem the discount codes provided in the show, visit:
Dr. Mat Lalonde
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.