Power Athlete Nation we have a special guest with us this week, Dr. Fred Hatfield. He was dubbed Dr. Squat by one of his students, probably because he squated over 1,000 lbs! Episode 68 is all about speed and how to recruit the muscle fibers in order to do so. John also recalls a story about former NFL vet Lyle Alzado and the crew discusses various strength protocols. You don’t want to miss this, crank up the volume and enjoy.
- 0:00 Intro And Opening
- 2:46 Reaching Out For Knowledge
- 8:50 Speed Is King
- 14:53 How Long Does It Take To Learn Motor Recruitment
- 19:44 Pedal To The Metal
- 20:28 How Do You Get Speed Out Of The Hole
- 24:33 Game Time Activation
- 26:58 How To Teach Activation
- 29:50 Tendo Unit
- 31:10 Performance Vs. Chasing Numbers
- 32:28 Confidence
- 34:22 Passion
- 37:11 Was Age A Factor?
- 43:00 Did You Pass Down The Gift?
- 44:08 The 7 Laws
- 56:14 When Do You Start Plyos?
- 1:00:37 In Love With Numbers
- 1:03:45 Bar Speed
- 1:05:29 Progressive Overload
- 1:09:14 Bulgarian System
- 1:12:08 Specificity Of Movement
- 1:14:38 Lyle Alzado
- 1:16:02 The Dr.’s Vitals
- 1:18:12 Define Athleticism
- 1:22:52 Its Technique, Not Weight
- 1:24:07 Compensatory Acceleration
- 1:24:54 Closing
Dr. Fred Hatfield showing us how to get out of the hole with 1,008 lbs.
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.