It’s summer, which means longer days, brighter sun, and (if you don’t live in Texas, aka The Surface of the Sun), more backyard get-togethers. These quick and easy bites can go from the mixing bowl to the table in about 30 minutes, and can be a great party favorite the next time you have some friends and family over. They can be eaten on top of a salad, as a burger, or as the star of the show. And the kicker? These cakes are nutrient dense, and the use of almond flour makes them a little more carb friendly with the macros.
2 lbs fresh salmon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup almond flour
1 bell pepper, finely diced
Zest of one lemon, save the lemon to squeeze on top
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried chopped onion
½ tsp garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
1-2 TBS coconut oil for cooking
- Place the salmon, skin down, in a 9×13 pyrex pan. Salt the flesh of the salmon and bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, mix together all of the dry ingredients, lightly beat the eggs and add mix in the lemon zest.
- After the salmon is finished baking, let it cool. When the salmon has cooled, maybe 10 minutes or so in the refrigerator, put it in a large mixing bowl and add in all of the ingredients.
- Heat the coconut oil on medium high heat. While this is happening, form patties and place on parchment paper, I made 8 patties from the 2 lbs of salmon. Make sure they are nice and packed so they stay together when you flip them.
- Cook them approximately 3 minutes per side, or until nicely golden.
- Serve on coleslaw, salad, rice, etc. They taste delicious with lemon juice squeezed on them!
Let us know how this recipe goes! Load your final product to Instagram and be sure to tag @powerathletehq and #powerathletenutrition #serves1 #powerathletenutritioncoaching
If you are someone who is ready to make the change happen, take back your health, and truly start unlocking your potential, hit us up and we will help guide you to success.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP- 495 Too Young for Creatine and BCAAS?
RECIPE: Easy Peasy Protein Pancakes of Power by Samantha Flaherty
BLOG: Creatine, It’s for Everyone by Rob Exline
BLOG: Fuel Your Fire with Ninja Food Prep by Rob Exline
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.