We are extremely excited to have Jesse Burdick join the show and talk technology, parenting, and weight lifting! This conversation takes turns up, down, left and right but all pertinent and relevant info. Sit back and enjoy this episode of Power Athlete Radio!
- 0:00 Intro and opening
- 2:44 Wade's Army Update
- 5:42 Germany CFFB Seminar Recap
- 9:31 Welbourn Checks in from his daughters Doctors Appointment
- 17:52 Jesse updates us on his tan!
- 24:57 PowerWOD and Consistency in Training
- 29:23 The NFL Concussion issue, is the game changing?
- 49:02 "Genetic Freaks" and Outliers setting the precedent
- 53:42 Painkillers, prescription drugs, and insane social usage
- 60:13 Andrew K Asks - What's your favorite Accessory Lift
Join Wade's Army Today!
Start a team or donate as an individual!
Steps to creating a Team Campaign Fundraiser:
1. Go to Wade's Army Fundraising Page: here
2. Click Become Fundraiser and create your own personal Fundraising Page.
3. Click Create a Team or Join a Team.
4. Upload a photo and choose a team name to represent your crew.
Once your Team Campaign Page is created, others will be able to join your team or make contributions following the same steps above.
Learn more about Melanotan II
The Silk Road
Learn more about the The Silk Road
Andrew K asks:
What's going on P.A.R crew?
In light of the recently awesome Beginner's Guide to CFFB, I was hoping to get some input/airtime on each of your favorite accessory movements as well as set/rep ranges. Do you take the Jim Wendler approach to accessory lifts i.e. hit your main movements like a powerlifter and then train your accessory movements like a body builder or do you crush some more heavy shit for accessory work?
Disclaimer: I am aware that accessory work should be just that, accessory, and should not take away from the DWOD/SWOD. In terms of programming, would you pick one weak spot each day and program it accordingly (if I need more tricep work - throw in some dips after a Monday/Thursday when we traditionally press) or would you suggest making Saturday a light conditioning/weak spot day?
Thanks for the continuing inspiration,
Everyone wants to be Phil Heath
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- PA Radio – Episode 237: Brett Bartholomew - December 14, 2017
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Toretto Takes Down Hobbs - July 27, 2016
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Round 3 Results - July 21, 2016