Sometimes the most simple ingredients create the best meals. This recipe makes it super easy to hit your macros. This example calls for 1# of 93/7, so that is what I am basing the macros from. Burgers are a great way to get in a ton of veggies without feeling like you are eating a bland salad. In the bowl it can get as messy as you want and you don’t run the risk of everything falling off a bun. This is a great weeknight dinner because not only does it look pretty, but it is also extremely quick. Serves well with air fryer french fries or oven roasted potatoes!
Protein: 92g Fat: 32g Carbs: Only from veggies
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
1# 93/7 Ground Beef (save the juice)
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Your Favorite Burger Toppings:
Bib lettuce or shredded romaine lettuce for the base
1 sweet white onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato sliced
Cheese, pictured is shredded Kerrygold cheddar
Not pictured but great topping options:
Veggies: Fresh sliced onion, sauteed mushrooms, jalapenos… the more the merrier!
Fat Sources: Bacon, avocado, mayo, over easy egg
- Place the beef in a saute pan over medium heat. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- While the beef is cooking, slice up your onion and place in an additional saute pan on medium heat. I drained some of the beef juice from the cooking beef as liquid for the onions, but you could also use a drizzle of olive oil. If you really want to save time and dishes, put the onions directly in with the ground beef!
- Slice your veggies and prepare additional toppings.
- Place lettuce in the bottom of the bowl to prepare for layering.
- Once the beef is cooked, measure out your required protein needs, plop on the lettuce, and load it up with delicious veggies!
Give this meal a go and be sure to post and tag @powerathletehq on Instagram! If you have a recipe you would like our spin on, drop us a line below and we will reach out to you.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 394–Common Leaning Mistakes When Prepping to Bulk
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 401 – The Mike Matthews Rabbit Hole
RECIPE: Pork Bahn Mi Rice Bowl by Samantha Flaherty
BLOG: Reality Check: We’re Too Fat by Ben Skutnik
BLOG: Money Meals: Rethink the Way You Buy Food by Luke Summers
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.