Prep: 10 Minutes Cook: 30 minutes
Nutritious dinners don’t have to take all day and night to prepare. This pan seared salmon dinner is a once a week go-to not only because it is delicious, but it only takes around 30 minutes from fridge to table. Salmon is high in protein, Omega-3s, and B Vitamins. If you are needing some extra carbs, try it with some coconut rice.
2 pounds fresh salmon
1-2 TBS coconut oil to coat the pan
4 TBS Grass Fed Butter (melted)
1 TBS Fresh Dill
1 tsp lemon juice
2 bunches broccolini
Drizzle of Olive oil
Salt to taste
Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and salt both sides of the salmon, keeping the skin on.
- Once the oil is melted, add in the salmon and cook approximately 5-6 minutes per side depending on the thickness and desired doneness of the salmon.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt the butter in the microwave. Approximately 30-60 seconds. Once melted, add in finely chopped dill and the juice of half a lemon.
- Serve the salmon hot with the melted dill butter brushed on top.
For the broccolini:
- Boil a pot of water.
- Remove the leaves from the stems of the broccolini and trim the ends. Cut the broccolini lengthwise if they are really thick.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the broccolini and cook for approximately 5 minutes. The broccolini should be bright green.
- Strain the broccolini and put it into an ice bath. This will keep the broccolini’s bright green color.
- Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a sautee pan. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the broccolini and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until it is heated through but still remains crisp.
- Serve with salmon and dill butter with a nice squeeze of a lemon over everything!
Let us know how this recipe goes! Load your final product to Instagram and be sure to tag @powerathletehq and #powerathletenutrition #servesone #powerathletenutritioncoaching
If you are someone who is ready to make the change happen, ready to take back your health, and ready to truly start unlocking your potential, hit us up and we will steer you towards your goals.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 454 – How (Not) to Write Your Own Training Program
RECIPE: Holy Guacamole by Samantha Flaherty
BLOG: You Should Eat Organ Meats by Ashleigh VanHouten
BLOG: Gaining Through Weight Loss by Tex McQuilkin
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.