Power Athlete Nation, it’s time to kick the tires and light the firing, of your muscle fibers. We have the Grandaddy of the Barbell Mark Rippetoe check in and talk everything from butchering a cow to the all mighty powers of the FMS. Rippetoe gives us some great words of wisdom and challenges coaches to coach. Zip your lips, open your ears, and buckle up as the team shares knowledge bombs from 50+ years of lifting experience between the crew.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:30 Mark Rippetoe Talks Meat
- 6:51 Weight Room Vs. Field Strong
- 11:50 Weight Room Strength Applied To The Field
- 12:53 Similarities Between The Best Of The Best
- 13:56 How Do We Train Old People?
- 17:03 Do You Know MAT? Muscle Activation Technique
- 20:16 Your Muscles Are Firing But The Flame Is Weak
- 29:46 FML, SMH, LMFAO And The Almighty FMS: Functional Movement Screen
- 31:39 Coach The Movement Pattern
- 33:48 Amateur Progression: Force The Adaptation
- 41:28 It’s So Simple It’s Hard
- 49:14 But Mom, I Wanna Be Like Froning
- 52:34 CrossFit Converts
- 57:05 The Passing Of A Legend: George Zangas
- 1:00:52 Closing
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.