Got a pizza craving and don’t want to completely tank your nutrition plan? With this Power Athlete Nutrition Team approved sweet potato pizza, you can have a delicious way to bulk, lean, or maintain all while scratching your itch for America’s favorite food.
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 large egg
Whatever you like! Pictured is:
Pesto + Garlic as the sauce
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Sweet Italian Sausage
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Steam sweet potato in the microwave and let cool.
- While the potato is cooling, mix the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Once the potato is cooled, remove the skin and mix in the food processor until smooth.
- On oiled parchment paper, put half the mix in the center. Use an additional piece of oiled (you can use cooking spray) parchment paper to smooth into a circle (roughly 10-12 inches). Repeat with the second half of the dough.
- Place crusts in the oven and bake for 18-25 min.
- Take them out, top them with your favorite pizza topping and put into the oven for an additional 8-10 min.
Let us know how this recipe goes! Load your final product to Instagram and be sure to tag @powerathletehq and #powerathletenutrition #servesone #powerathletenutritioncoaching
If you are someone who is ready to make the change happen, ready to take back your health, and ready to truly start unlocking your potential, hit us up and we will help guide you to success.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP- 455 Weight Loss Shouldn’t Leave You Skinny Fat
RECIPE: Burger Bowl to End All Burger Bowls by Samantha Flaherty
BLOG: 8 Rules for Success in 2021 by John Welbourn
BLOG: Fuel Your Fire with Ninja Food Prep by Rob Exline
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.