Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos with Honey Lime Slaw
Prep: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
** If you have time, the slaw is best prepared the night before!
For Shrimp Tacos:
1 pound 16-20 shrimp peeled and deveined
1 TBS coconut oil
Zest of one lime
Juice of one lime
Garnishes: jalapeno, mango, red bell pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Honey Lime Slaw
This is best prepared the night before!
¼ white cabbage
¼ red cabbage
¼ cup honey
(You can also use a prepared bag of slaw mix from the grocery store)
- Thinly slice the white and red cabbage. Peel and finely chop the carrots. Mix the carrots with the white and red cabbage.
- In a small bowl juice and zest one lime and combine with honey. Pour over the carrot and cabbage mixture. It is best if this marinates overnight or at least for a couple hours. If you didn’t plan ahead it is okay! The slaw is still delicious if you let it sit in a bowl while you prepare and cook the shrimp.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp and in a bowl toss with all of the taco seasoning ingredients.
- Cook the shrimp: Heat coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the seasoned shrimp to the pan and cook until opaque white, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked all the way through, remove from the pan and put on a plate.
- Create your taco! Add the shrimp to warmed corn tortillas and top with honey lime slaw, jalapeños, mango, and diced red bell pepper! Squeeze lime juice on top for an extra kick.
Let us know how this recipe goes! Load your final product to Instagram and be sure to tag @powerathletehq and #powerathletenutrition #servesone
If you’re someone who is ready to make change happen, ready to take back your health, and ready to start truly unlocking your potential, hit us up and will steer you towards your goals.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 336 – Onegevity, Gut Health, & Your Feces
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 334 – Coffee Talk with Paul Carter
RECIPE: Fast Weeknight Bison Stir Fry by Luke Summers
BLOG: Your Guide To Metabolic Investing by Ben Skutnik
BLOG: Money Meals: Rethink the Way You Buy Food by Luke Summers
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.