YOUR ASS GETS COACHED
If this episode doesn’t want to make you return to your high school or college weightroom and confront your strength coach for robbing you of the best years of your life, nothing will. Jim Kiritsy [@ksu_fb_strength] joins us all the way from Georgia to talk about the amazing culture and program he’s started at Kennesaw State University. With a little funding and a lot of commitment, this football strength and conditioning coach is pioneering a brand spanking new program rivaling that of his seasoned competitors.
Kiritsy has that special quality of a coach that you can not only hear in his voice but infer from his comments. Everything he does is for the betterment of the team and the athletes. He believes his staff is trained thoroughly to coach and not merely spot and act as cheerleaders. He believes good movement, hard work, and smart programming can cure virtually any performance shortcomings. AND he doesn’t do anything unless it serves a purpose. Brilliant.
Have a listen as Coach Kiritsy leads you down the path of enlightenment. If you’re a high school or college weight room assistant, get your hands dirty and start leading athletes by simply coaching. Because without coaching there is no accountability and without accountability there is no enthusiasm for the win.
EMPOWER YOUR PERFORMANCE.
You heard the man. Hit him up on social media under his name, Jim Kiritsy, or follow the team on InstaGram @ksu_fb_strength. No doubt you’ll be inspired by what you see from these young athletes.
Tagged: coaching / College / Conditioning / football / interns / Jim Kiritsy / Owl Strength / Strength
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
Leave a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.
I think this was the best podcast I’ve listened too this year!
Did PA get that PDF he was talking about on his list of Ted Talks?
Here is his TED Talk curriculum:
1. Simon Sinek- Start With Why
2. Amy Cuddy- Body Language
3. Christopher Emden- Teach Teachers How To Create Magic
4. Linda Clyatt-Wayman- How to Fix a Broken School
5. Rita Pierson- Every Kid Needs a Champion
6. Shawn Achor- The Happy Secret Better Work
7. Joe Ehrman- Inside Out Coaching
8. Jeff Oliver- The Best Job on the Planet
9. John Wooden- The Difference Between Winning and Succeeding
10. Terry Moore- How to Tie Your Shoes
11. Derek Sivers- How to Start a Movement
12. Jamie Oliver- Teach Every Child About Food
13. Stanley McCrystal- Listen, Learn…Then Lead
14. Ken Robinson- Do Schools Kill Creativity
15. Daniel Pink- The Puzzle of Motivation
16. Bill Gates- Teachers Need Real Feedback
17. David Foster Wallace- How’s the Water