Power Athlete Nation, you are in for a special treat this week. The Physio Detective himself, Antony Lo, joins the team to discuss his unique approach to improving stability and range of motion. Grab your foam rollers and get comfortable as the group talks about their thoughts on the Crossfit Open, making the best player better, when to start training kids, and how to stay relaxed during strenuous training.
- 0:00 Intro and Opening
- 1:20 Naperville Seminar Recap
- 4:10 The Physio Detective
- 6:58 Wholistic View vs. Traditional Approach
- 8:50 Local, Upstream, Downstream
- 13:30 Thoughts On The Open
- 16:57 How To Decrease Force Bleed
- 22:52 Hip And Femur Angles Affecting Your Squat? Find out with Craig's Test
- 26:27 Can You Make Fast, Faster?
- 33:42 Tools For Self Analysis
- 36:06 Sean Eagan: How Early Is Too Early?
- 57:48 Genes By Environmental Adaptation
- 1:05:50 Staying Stable In A Relaxed State
- 1:10:49 Wade’s Army Update
- 1:12:27 Plugs And Closing Thoughts
Who is Antony Lo
Antony Lo is an APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist based in Sydney. His website is www.MyPhysios.com.au and his blog is www.PhysioDetective.com. He specializes in the management, treatment and prevention of pain and dysfunction, particularly of the pelvis and ribcage. His sub-specialties include Crossfit and Exercise Performance Optimization, Ante-Natal and Post-Natal Care and difficult cases that have failed treatment elsewhere.
Does Antony have any tools for self diagnosis finding out if pain is coming from another part of the body? Or is traveling across the world the best solution?
Hey Luke, I wanted to get to this question during the live show today but we got socked with this ”blizzard” here in Buffalo, NY. I was wondering if 9 and 7 are to young to be following cfb or pahq programming? My little ones have been doing cross fit kids for 2 years and are so focused.. We have equipment in the garage for me to run them through the program. Do you think it is too early? They have learned the oly lifts and squats and deads at CFK.. Thanks! Love the new site! Keep up the good work
Latest posts by Luke Summers (see all)
- PA Radio – Episode 237: Brett Bartholomew - December 14, 2017
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Toretto Takes Down Hobbs - July 27, 2016
- 2016 Superhero Smackdown – Round 3 Results - July 21, 2016