This dinner is SO easy and my kiddos love it too. You can cook everything separately so you can easily control your macros, or you can cook it all in one pan like a traditional mixed egg roll. This recipe is keto friendly, but if you are a carb queen or king, feel free to enjoy over white rice (which I highly…HIGHLY recommend). As an added bonus, you can’t go wrong adding any leftover veggies hanging out in the fridge that you need to clear out from the week. But, you’ll get no complaints keeping it super simple by sticking with meat, cabbage, and sauce.
1# ground turkey (beef or pork is also delicious)
1 TBS minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger, or grated fresh ginger
Salt and pepper
1 bag shredded cabbage mix
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 TBS rice wine vinegar
1 TBS sesame oil
1. Brown the ground turkey/meat over medium heat with garlic, ginger powder, salt, and pepper.
2. In a second pan heat the cabbage mix until cooked down and soft. This is where you can heat up any other veggies as well. Broccoli, carrots, brussels, red onions, mushrooms… you name it. Get in that ROYGBIV!
3. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, mix together coconut aminos, vinegar, and sesame oil.
4. Now is the time to cook your egg so it is nice and hot for serving. If you are feeling lazy, feel free to scramble that bad boy with your ground turkey.
5. Now assemble your bowl with desired amounts of meat, cabbage, and sauce. If you need more carbs, this is great over rice! If you are counting macros, it is so easy to put your bowl on the scale and measure everything individually.
6. Top with the optional garnish of sesame seeds and green onions.
Let us know how this recipe goes! Load your final product to Instagram and be sure to tag @powerathletehq and #powerathletenutrition #servesone #powerathletenutritioncoaching
If you are someone who is ready to make the change happen, ready to take back your health, and ready to truly start unlocking your potential, hit us up and we will steer you towards your goals.
PODCAST: PA Radio EP 516- I Reek of Ammonia Post Workout, Should I Sweat It?
RECIPE: Easy Peasy Protein Pancake of Power by Samantha Flaherty
BLOG: Old School Protein Secrets by Rob Exline
BLOG: Fuel Your Fire with Ninja Food Prep by Rob Exline
COACHING: Power Athlete Nutrition Coaching
Samantha has been an athlete since childhood, focusing on gymnastics, track and field, and cross-country. Samantha found CrossFit, and eventually CrossFit Football as a means to continue personal performance and fill a competitive void. These all led her to Power Athlete, the methodology course, and eventually to earning her Block One. She currently works in the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area as a Power Athlete Nutrition Coach and as a Personal Trainer applying the Power Athlete principles with all of her clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.