Ladies and Gentlemen step right up as the PAHQ Staff goes toe to toe with some of the guys from Barbell Shrugged. Not only is this our 50th Podcast, but the crew talks about anything and everything. They reminised on the amazing protein products of yesteryear, concluded who the hottest male and female crossfitters are, got some great insight on what it’s like to be a football player, and rumors that Froning may use a flowbee to groom his beard and chest.
- 0:00 Intro and Opening
- 0:40 Barbell Shrugged and Baby Hands
- 2:24 John Burgundy: Regionals Anchorman
- 6:45 Froning’s Flowbe Beard
- 8:57 Protein Beer Chug
- 13:56 The Grunt and Head Nod
- 18:58 Alpha Male Recipes
- 21:27 Alpha Crossfitters and Beta Interviews
- 24:45 Shinning His Medal or Bald Head?
- 28:53 Trivia Time: Who Won the Open? Maddens Horse Trailer?
- 31:56 Warren Sapp Enjoying a Tea Bag… Not The Herbal Kind
- 33:37 How Many Competitors Were At The Original Crossfit Games?
- 34:32 How Barbell Shrugged and Power Athlete Got Their Names
- 36:42 The Name of Greg Glassman’s First Wife’s Name
- 37:50 Who Were The Two Barbell Shrugged Member’s With Their Picture On CF Football?
- 39:36 What is Fronnings Tattoo Say?
- 40:45 What Does Annies Last Name Translate To?
- 43:00 Camiel, Christmas, or Keanu? Neither
- 44:55 Luke Summer’s C-List Celeb Status
- 47:23 Hottest Dude Crossfitter
- 49:32 What Was Keanu Reeves Name In Speed?
- 52:23 Keanu Reeves Name In Ronin?
- 54:16 If Ya Smell What The Rock Is Cookin… And Eatin
- 59:05 How Many Faster And Furious Movies Are There?
- 1:00:50 John’s Favorite Movie and Walk Out Song
- 1:06:02 Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, and Tony Saragusa
- 1:15:12 What Are You Training For?
- 1:16:40 I’ll Take An Injury With A Side Order Of Injury
- 1:21:42 Closing And Plugs
Collectively the Barbell Shrugged crew has been training for many years, have degrees (and masters) in Kinesiology and Exercise Sports Science, own multiple CrossFit boxes, have competed in CrossFit, Weightlifting, and Powerlifting, and have hosted live seminars and training camps around the country.
On the Barbell Shrugged website you are going to find all kinds of nuggets and pearls just for crossfitters like you!
Barbell Shrugged Pics from CFFB.com
Duck Sauce – The Big Bad Wolf
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.