Having acquired so many great stories over the course of the Power Athlete Radio history, we decided it was time to put together a short trip down memory lane. These eight stories are some of our favorite from guests past. This “Best of” Episode has everything: discussion of footie pajamas, your standard parking lot choke-out, and even a little projectile vomiting nostalgia. Enjoy some of our favorites from the past 79 episodes of PA Radio!
- 1:10 Episode 31: Dr Tom and Bill Kazmaier’s idea of training in a Walmart
- 6:22 Episode 46: Tex’s “roommate” dies and what it has to do with linear progression.
- 11:40 Episode 28: Jesse Burdick and Mark Bell are tanning bros.
- 17:10 Episode 55: Jared Allen and John are the cheapest NFL players ever.
- 21:20 Episode 53: Dip spit is not an advisable post workout…unless you’re leaning.
- 24:40 Episode 71: Is Kyle Turley going to have choke a bitch?
- 30:20 Episode 74: Eddie Ifft knows what crossfitters are really like.
- 34:55 Episode 68: Dr. Squat’s famous speech on passion.
Remember to head over to our Spotify page: Power Athlete_HQ for this episode’s playlist and more of our favorite lifting soundtracks! Next week our guest is Loyola Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, athlete, and all around badass, Angie Sorenson.
John Welbourn is CEO of Power Athlete and Fuse Move. He is also creator of the online training phenomena, Johnnie WOD. He is a 9 year veteran of the NFL. John was drafted with the 97th pick in 1999 NFL Draft and went on to be a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2003, appearing in 3 NFC Championship games, and for starter for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2004-2007. In 2008, he played with the New England Patriots until an injury ended his season early with him retiring in 2009. Over the course of his career, John has started over 100 games and has 10 play-off appearances. He was a four year lettermen while playing football at the University of California at Berkeley. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in Rhetoric in 1998. John has worked with the MLB, NFL, NHL, Olympic athletes and Military. He travels the world lecturing on performance and nutrition for Power Athlete. You can catch up with John as his personal blog on training, food and life, Talk To Me Johnnie and at Power Athlete.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.