Angie Sorensen is a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Loyola University and serious wealth of knowledge. Not only does she train the track and field teams, but most recently, her Men’s Volleyball team won the National title. A dynamic athlete in her own right, Angie is a no nonsense strength and Oly lifting purist with a refreshing perspective on training competitive athletes. Her biggest beef? Coaches who don’t know how to teach. Find out how she plans to tackle some of the pedogogical issues with coaching in her own Eleiko sponsored seminar.
- 0:00 Comments on the new PA Radio format.
- 4:00 Donny Shankle and Jon North – Angie gives the dirt.
- 9:30 Loyola University Men’s Volleyball wins the National title.
- 12:50 Angie’s asessment approach to determining an athlete’s limiting factors.
- 17:30 Angie’s start in S&C and experience working for sport coaches at the college level.
- 21:00 Coaching is about providing value to an athlete.
- 24:20 Angie’s project with Eleiko – lifting seminars that teach you how to teach.
- 36:00 Eleiko’s training facility is not what you would expect.
- 40:45 Only John could find a way to bend an Eleiko bar.
- 48:00 Angie on finding out determining the right S&C for an unfamiliar sport.
- 50:30 “Track and field is a peer sport.”
- 58:00 Find out what tunes Angie bangs weight to…
- 59:00 Wades Army updates!
To learn more about Angie Sorensen visit her blog or check out this article on her start at Loyola. Don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for her upcoming Eleiko coaches seminar in January!
Next week’s guest is Professor Stephen Miller. He’ll be discussing the history of sport and athletics in ancient Greece. Find out what we consume on a daily basis that was once considered an illegal “performance enhancer”.
Tagged: Assessment / coaching / Collegiate sports / Conditioning / CrossFit / education / Performance / seminars / Strength and Conditioning / track and field / training / volleyball
A strength and conditioning coach since 2009, Cali has worked with numerous athletes spanning from rugby players to cross country skiers. Almost immediately after finding CrossFit in 2010, she was introduced to a program that better suited her athletic goals. With her existing background in powerlifting and football, she became a natural devotee to CFFB/PowerAthlete and testament to it's effectiveness. In 2012, she left D.C. and headed for the state named after her to be a part of the CrossFit Football Seminar Staff and a Jedi of Power Athlete HQ. Cali currently resides in Seattle where she works full time in law enforcement.
Leave a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Never miss out on an epic blog post or podcast, drop your email below and we’ll stay in-touch.
Volleyball. It’s about goddamn time.
I was telling these guys off the air that your get a stiffy with this one Ingo…
You’re welcome @ingob
Hey guys! I love your podcast and the information you provide. I don’t have an Idevice and this episode was never uploaded to sticher. Are you guys still providing content to sticher? Thanks!