Angie Sorensen is a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Loyola University and serious wealth of knowledge. Not only does she train the track and field teams, but most recently, her Men's Volleyball team won the National title. A dynamic athlete in her own right, Angie is a no nonsense strength and Oly lifting purist with a refreshing perspective on training competitive athletes. Her biggest beef? Coaches who don't know how to teach. Find out how she plans to tackle some of the pedogogical issues with coaching in her own Eleiko sponsored seminar.
- 0:00 Comments on the new PA Radio format.
- 4:00 Donny Shankle and Jon North - Angie gives the dirt.
- 9:30 Loyola University Men's Volleyball wins the National title.
- 12:50 Angie's asessment approach to determining an athlete's limiting factors.
- 17:30 Angie's start in S&C and experience working for sport coaches at the college level.
- 21:00 Coaching is about providing value to an athlete.
- 24:20 Angie's project with Eleiko - lifting seminars that teach you how to teach.
- 36:00 Eleiko's training facility is not what you would expect.
- 40:45 Only John could find a way to bend an Eleiko bar.
- 48:00 Angie on finding out determining the right S&C for an unfamiliar sport.
- 50:30 "Track and field is a peer sport."
- 58:00 Find out what tunes Angie bangs weight to...
- 59:00 Wades Army updates!
Next week's guest is Professor Stephen Miller. He'll be discussing the history of sport and athletics in ancient Greece. Find out what we consume on a daily basis that was once considered an illegal "performance enhancer".